Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taughannock Falls


Stretchin' out before the hike


And we're off!


and then we're out!



According to the sign, this bridge gets replaced semi-frequently as it gets washed away by floods & winter storms



This is Taughannock (Indian word meaning 'full of trees') falls, the tallest (215') waterfall in the eastern US. Notice the person in the foreground for scale perspective.




taking in the world


Standing rehearsal



Don't just see the tree, sense it

4 comments:

Stellina said...

Looks like fun! (Especially since currently I am sequestered in my cubicle with the fake fluorescent lighting glaring down on me!) Lonnie and I are going to NC in July and I can't wait to see waterfalls, too!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

My goodness, I'm exhausted just looking at all of your amazing pictures and outdoor wonderment! I love that you guys love the northeast and are taking great advantage of it. It is a lesson to Cody and I to get out there more before we move away...someday. Nathan looks like a natural in the great outdoors. Although I don't envy the camping part the hikes look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Kali Jones said...

Beautiful pics!!!

Jill and Kevin said...

Those pictures are gorgeous. So yeah, camping in Florida just doesn't compare. Although we could get some great Alligator shots! Oh yes, and ant bites.