Terrified at the prospect of facing a Maine winter dependent on oil for heat, we opted to replace our propane fireplace insert with a wood stove (stove and pix yet to come). Firewood prices have reached a 30-year high and seasoned wood has become quite the commodity. This being our first wood-for-heat year, we were completely guessing at how much wood we'd use so we aimed high and will hopefully have wood left for next winter.
A power line that crosses our driveway kept the dump truck from moving forward enough to drop the wood in a single pile so we got two piles (the closer of which flowed into the street approx. 3 feet)
3 comments:
Whoa, this is intense! You guys must have gotten some good exercise moving all that wood around!
That is a crazy amount of firewood. Hope it all goes well for you guys. Sometimes when I see pictures like that and think about how much goes into owning a home...I'm slightly glad I live in NYC! You guys amaze me!
WOW! That is a LOT of wood!! Yall are hard workers...hope the quantity all works out as planned.
Post a Comment